If you find it takes a seriously long time for Windows to load up then it may be associated with how many programs you have configured to auto startup! If you have been using your computer for awhile you probably have a long list of applications that are enabled for startup so we will show you today how to disable them.
How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows
How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 8/8.1/10
Later versions of Windows have made it incredibly simple to configure startup programs.
1. Right click on the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager from the drop down list.
2. In Task Manager, navigate to the Startup tab.
3. The list of Startup programs are shown. You may notice that the Disable button is greyed out.
4. To configure an application, click it and select Disable.
5. Now the relevant application has been disabled in the startup tab.
We hope that this guide assisted you with configuring your Startup Programs in Windows. Although, we recommend not to disable anti-virus and firewall software as these are vital to protect your computer!